Is Above Ground Burial Right for You?
The beauty and solitude of winter is all around us here in Pittsford, NY. While winter is known for its tranquility, it can also bring harsh and inclement weather. In the wake of these conditions, you might find yourself trudging through snow, slush and ice to visit a loved one’s grave, or attend a memorial celebration service.
At White Haven Memorial Park, we offer a variety of burial options for families to consider. From beautiful outdoor sites in a meadow or by a shady tree, to an indoor mausoleum or columbarium with options for caskets, urns or one casket plus one urn. Here are some benefits to choosing an above ground burial location in one of our indoor settings.
- Weather proof – Summer can bring hot and humid conditions and torrential rains. Winter’s cold, snow and ice can make it difficult to visit your loved one’s grave or attend a memorial service.
- Timeless elegance – Our well-appointed mausoleum and columbarium buildings are constructed and maintained to stand the test of time.
- Comfort – Visit your loved one’s grave site while sitting in a comfortable upholstered chair, next to a cozy fireplace in a climate controlled setting.
- Cost-effective – Traditional in-ground burials require the purchase of a burial plot, a burial vault and a grave marker. An above ground burial has one package price that eliminates many of the extra expenses of a traditional burial.
- Lock-in pricing – Prices for above ground burial can be locked in to current costs. If needed, budget plans with interest-free payments can be developed to spread costs over several years, making it more affordable.
- Eco-friendly – Choosing burial in a mausoleum or columbarium conserves land.
- Special touches – Each of our buildings is decorated with floral displays. Remember your loved one on a special day such as a birthday or anniversary by dedicating the arrangement in their honor. We also provide visitor’s registers in every building so you can write a note to your loved one when you come to visit.
At White Haven Memorial Park, our goal is to provide you with a variety of options so that you and your loved ones feel celebrated at the end of life. We are here to help you create a burial plan and memorial service that will honor your last wishes. If you have any questions about the wide variety of burial options available or would like to come visit our grounds, please contact us today.